You found the messy place of Alexandre Dulaunoy somewhere in the cyberspace. I'm living in a small village called Les Bulles in the very south of Belgium. My life is a mixture of computer science (the "simple and surprisingly effective" definition as described by Edsger W. Dijkstra in EWD896 : On the nature of Computing Science), Freedom and a bunch of small other things (from random innovation to sometime information security).
More or less official bio
Alexandre encountered his first computer in the eighties, and he disassembled it to know how the thing works. While pursuing his logical path towards information security and free software, he worked as senior security network consultant at different places (e.g. Ubizen, now Cybertrust). He co-founded a startup called Conostix specialized in information security management, and the past 6 years, he was the manager of global information security at SES, a leading international satellite operator. He is now working at the national Luxembourgian Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) in the research and operational fields. He is also lecturer in information security at Paul-Verlaine University in Metz and the University of Luxembourg. Alexandre enjoys working on projects where there is a blend of “free information”, innovation and a direct social improvement. When not gardening binary streams, he likes facing the reality of ecosystems while gardening or doing nature photography.
The real bio
Enjoy when human are using machines in unexpected ways. I break stuff and I do stuff.
My interests include digital archiving, information retrieval and information security seasoned with a strong touch of free information.
My day job is located in the information security field and especially in incident response and security research.
I'm also an intermittent security researcher (and co-founder but title doesn't matter to me) at CSRRT-LU (Computer Security Research and Response Team Luxembourg). We are also organizing some information security events (like hack.lu) with a strong technical touch and a help of the infosec community.
On the remaining time, I'm also lecturer in different universities giving courses about information security and its practical implication.
To explore new ideas, I co-founded quuxlabs an informal structure for working on research or engineering projects.
In my very short spare time, I enjoy gardening (we try to keep track of the plants in our garden) with steph and I'm also trying to understand electronic art. When I'm unable to sleep, I'm giving a hand to promote the four freedoms of free software.
10, rue du faubourg
B6811 Les Bulles - Chiny
Phone : +32(0)61460742
I consider voice communication as being sometime very ineffective and I often prefer electronic means.
Contact at work
If you really want my work contact, just contact me.
- Forban [cs_lang:Python] a link-local opportunistic p2p free software. You can share files with everyone in your proximity. The implementation is written in Python but can be easily implemented as the protocol is minimal.
- pdns-toolkit [cs_lang:perl] is a Passive DNS toolkit for security research including a modular passive DNS server and additional analysis toolkits to query and analyse the collected DNS dataset.
- cve-search [cs_lang:python] cve-search is a tool to import CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) and CPE (Common Platform Enumeration) into a MongoDB to facilitate search, processing and analysis of CVEs.
- Oddmuse Git [cs_lang:Bash/Perl] - Using Oddmuse with a git repository. Same concept can be applied with any wiki that allows retrieving index of pages, changes and update page.
- RssAny - rss-tools [cs_lang:Python] is a series of scripts (rssdir, rssmerge, rsscluster and rsscount) to transform RSS in the command-line interface. Those scripts are used for the Wiki Creativity Index.
- GooDiff (with Michael G. Noll) [cs_lang:Python] is a service for automated tracking of semantic changes in web service policies. GooDiff is free software and available on the GooDiff project page.
- Machine Tag I used and loved , I ended up to document most of them (cs_lang or license) and my use of those machine tag (triple tag).
As described by Adam Mathes in Folksonomies-Cooperative Classification and Communication Through Shared Metadata, a folksonomy is some of the best and worst in organizing information. But beside the rigid ways of organizing information, user tagging provides a way for each user to represent the information following his very personal perspective. Here is my very limited folksonomy if you want to know more about my tagged interests :
To expand a little bit the usefulness of my tagging methology, I'm also using various machine tag to help human and non-human to lookup my metadata. I have a namespace for license (useful to know the free or non-free license used by a tagged work) , fa (used by the free archive bot) or language.
This is a merge of various RSS or Atom feeds generated by some of my activities like blogging, git commit messages, reviewed books or uploaded pictures in flickr. This is generated by a Python script called rssmerge.py.
- An old Window with a hole --- (Sat Nov 16 16:15:14 2013)
- Welcome to Wallifornie... --- (Sat Nov 16 15:38:39 2013)
- Another Tree in Winter --- (Sat Nov 16 15:14:48 2013)
- adulau starred csirtgadgets/nrang-protocol --- (Sat Nov 16 08:59:30 2013)
- adulau starred dzzie/VS_LIBEMU --- (Sat Nov 16 08:58:01 2013)
- adulau starred DanMcInerney/LANs.py --- (Mon Nov 11 20:17:50 2013)
- adulau starred botherder/viper --- (Mon Nov 11 09:56:23 2013)
- adulau starred jeffbryner/pyKeylogger --- (Fri Nov 8 09:06:11 2013)
- adulau starred piannucci/blurt --- (Fri Nov 8 09:05:15 2013)
- adulau started following louismullie --- (Wed Nov 6 12:56:55 2013)
- adulau started following certsocietegenerale --- (Wed Nov 6 12:56:43 2013)
- adulau started following tomchop --- (Wed Nov 6 12:56:22 2013)
- adulau starred tomchop/malcom --- (Wed Nov 6 12:56:15 2013)
- adulau commented on issue MISP/MISP#142 --- (Wed Nov 6 12:33:46 2013)
- adulau opened issue MISP/MISP#191 --- (Sun Nov 3 21:13:32 2013)
- adulau opened pull request rjhansen/nsrlsvr#4 --- (Fri Nov 1 15:52:42 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/nsrlsvr --- (Fri Nov 1 15:50:56 2013)
- adulau started following dummys --- (Fri Nov 1 08:21:29 2013)
- adulau starred cryptobox/sshcrypt --- (Tue Oct 29 06:31:16 2013)
- adulau starred odyniec/font-awesome-to-png --- (Sun Oct 27 12:54:57 2013)
- Hey mamacita... --- (Sun Oct 27 12:42:58 2013)
- adulau pushed to gh-pages at adulau/netbeacon --- (Sat Oct 26 10:07:45 2013)
- adulau starred cmubap/bap --- (Mon Oct 21 22:41:50 2013)
- Red Dome - David Nash at Chaumont sur Loire --- (Sun Oct 20 17:05:17 2013)
- Lost and found fuel pump --- (Sun Oct 20 15:13:15 2013)
- Driving From B to G --- (Sun Oct 20 15:05:19 2013)
- Club St Roch - its last time --- (Sat Oct 19 20:31:27 2013)
- adulau started following znb --- (Thu Oct 17 07:14:23 2013)
- A box and a cat --- (Sun Oct 13 21:05:31 2013)
- adulau started following benwerd --- (Sun Oct 13 14:03:38 2013)
- Amanita muscaria --- (Sun Oct 13 13:53:52 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/cve-search --- (Sat Oct 12 09:39:04 2013)
- adulau commented on pull request wimremes/cve-search#11 --- (Sat Oct 12 09:21:28 2013)
- adulau starred ArmoredPidgin/pidgin-hardened --- (Sat Oct 12 08:01:16 2013)
- adulau started following bwalex --- (Sat Oct 12 08:00:51 2013)
- adulau starred bwalex/tc-play --- (Sat Oct 12 08:00:43 2013)
- adulau started following konklone --- (Fri Oct 11 18:40:59 2013)
- adulau starred konklone/fisa --- (Fri Oct 11 18:40:21 2013)
- adulau started following savon-noir --- (Fri Oct 11 18:34:58 2013)
- The spider is watching you --- (Sun Oct 6 09:23:15 2013)
- adulau starred bennoleslie/pexif --- (Sat Oct 5 23:17:06 2013)
- Moving forward --- (Fri Oct 4 21:50:23 2013)
- This bag contains a gun, a bomb, a very large knife and loads of drugs --- (Fri Oct 4 21:35:03 2013)
- Light and art without glasses --- (Tue Oct 1 21:42:17 2013)
- Another vision --- (Tue Oct 1 21:31:27 2013)
- Street Art in Milan #92 --- (Tue Oct 1 21:21:42 2013)
- Street art in Milano #73 --- (Mon Sep 30 20:44:44 2013)
- Video surveillance out of control --- (Mon Sep 30 20:21:24 2013)
- Random art #22 (stack of posters) --- (Mon Sep 30 20:15:45 2013)
- Another building in Milan by night --- (Mon Sep 30 19:46:15 2013)
- 2013-04-01 Information Visualization Is Just A Starting Point --- (Mon Apr 1 22:11:08 2013)
- 2013-02-23 Vulnerability Management Is Just An Approximation --- (Sat Feb 23 20:47:26 2013)
- 2011-09-04 Information Security Is Not a Matter of Compliance --- (Tue Jun 26 19:51:42 2012)
- 2011-12-25 Against SOPA or How To Do Soap --- (Sun Dec 25 15:29:22 2011)
- 2011-12-17 Certificate Revocation Reasons 2011 --- (Sun Dec 18 17:08:52 2011)
- 2011-10-02 Try and Vet Tshirt Crypto Challenge Hack.lu2011 The Solution --- (Sun Oct 2 12:48:07 2011)
- 2011-05-22 Ease Your Log Analysis with Ranking --- (Sun May 22 20:20:49 2011)
- 2011-03-06 Why The Philosophical Works Should Be Free --- (Wed May 18 23:06:21 2011)
- 2011-03-05 Monitoring Memory of Suspicious Processes --- (Sun Mar 27 16:28:53 2011)
- 2011-01-01 Often I m wrong but not always --- (Sat Jan 1 11:03:52 2011)