You found the messy place of Alexandre Dulaunoy somewhere in the cyberspace. I'm living in a small village called Les Bulles in the very south of Belgium. My life is a mixture of computer science (the "simple and surprisingly effective" definition as described by Edsger W. Dijkstra in EWD896 : On the nature of Computing Science), Freedom and a bunch of small other things (from random innovation to sometime information security).
More or less official bio
Alexandre encountered his first computer in the eighties, and he disassembled it to know how the thing works. While pursuing his logical path towards information security and free software, he worked as senior security network consultant at different places (e.g. Ubizen, now Cybertrust). He co-founded a startup called Conostix specialized in information security management, and the past 6 years, he was the manager of global information security at SES, a leading international satellite operator. He is now working at the national Luxembourgian Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) in the research and operational fields. He is also lecturer in information security at Paul-Verlaine University in Metz and the University of Luxembourg. Alexandre enjoys working on projects where there is a blend of “free information”, innovation and a direct social improvement. When not gardening binary streams, he likes facing the reality of ecosystems while gardening or doing nature photography.
The real bio
Enjoy when human are using machines in unexpected ways. I break stuff and I do stuff.
My interests include digital archiving, information retrieval and information security seasoned with a strong touch of free information.
My day job is located in the information security field and especially in incident response and security research.
I'm also an intermittent security researcher (and co-founder but title doesn't matter to me) at CSRRT-LU (Computer Security Research and Response Team Luxembourg). We are also organizing some information security events (like hack.lu) with a strong technical touch and a help of the infosec community.
On the remaining time, I'm also lecturer in different universities giving courses about information security and its practical implication.
To explore new ideas, I co-founded quuxlabs an informal structure for working on research or engineering projects.
In my very short spare time, I enjoy gardening (we try to keep track of the plants in our garden) with steph and I'm also trying to understand electronic art. When I'm unable to sleep, I'm giving a hand to promote the four freedoms of free software.
10, rue du faubourg
B6811 Les Bulles - Chiny
Phone : +32(0)61460742
I consider voice communication as being sometime very ineffective and I often prefer electronic means.
Contact at work
If you really want my work contact, just contact me.
- Forban [cs_lang:Python] a link-local opportunistic p2p free software. You can share files with everyone in your proximity. The implementation is written in Python but can be easily implemented as the protocol is minimal.
- pdns-toolkit [cs_lang:perl] is a Passive DNS toolkit for security research including a modular passive DNS server and additional analysis toolkits to query and analyse the collected DNS dataset.
- cve-search [cs_lang:python] cve-search is a tool to import CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) and CPE (Common Platform Enumeration) into a MongoDB to facilitate search, processing and analysis of CVEs.
- Oddmuse Git [cs_lang:Bash/Perl] - Using Oddmuse with a git repository. Same concept can be applied with any wiki that allows retrieving index of pages, changes and update page.
- RssAny - rss-tools [cs_lang:Python] is a series of scripts (rssdir, rssmerge, rsscluster and rsscount) to transform RSS in the command-line interface. Those scripts are used for the Wiki Creativity Index.
- GooDiff (with Michael G. Noll) [cs_lang:Python] is a service for automated tracking of semantic changes in web service policies. GooDiff is free software and available on the GooDiff project page.
- Machine Tag I used and loved , I ended up to document most of them (cs_lang or license) and my use of those machine tag (triple tag).
As described by Adam Mathes in Folksonomies-Cooperative Classification and Communication Through Shared Metadata, a folksonomy is some of the best and worst in organizing information. But beside the rigid ways of organizing information, user tagging provides a way for each user to represent the information following his very personal perspective. Here is my very limited folksonomy if you want to know more about my tagged interests :
To expand a little bit the usefulness of my tagging methology, I'm also using various machine tag to help human and non-human to lookup my metadata. I have a namespace for license (useful to know the free or non-free license used by a tagged work) , fa (used by the free archive bot) or language.
This is a merge of various RSS or Atom feeds generated by some of my activities like blogging, git commit messages, reviewed books or uploaded pictures in flickr. This is generated by a Python script called rssmerge.py.
- A photo from gum bichromate --- (Sat May 11 18:29:34 2013)
- A Tulip --- (Thu May 9 19:53:10 2013)
- adulau pushed to gh-pages at adulau/cve-search --- (Thu May 9 16:56:57 2013)
- adulau opened pull request wimremes/cve-search#9 --- (Thu May 9 12:12:24 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/cve-search --- (Thu May 9 11:57:54 2013)
- adulau started following azet --- (Thu May 9 10:24:12 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/cve-search --- (Thu May 9 10:14:39 2013)
- Easter egg with a hen --- (Thu May 9 08:37:29 2013)
- Dollar Easter Egg --- (Thu May 9 08:19:19 2013)
- adulau starred williballenthin/python-registry --- (Wed May 8 21:06:28 2013)
- adulau commented on issue MISP/MISP#85 --- (Wed May 8 07:32:01 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at MISP/misp-bloomfilter --- (Wed May 8 07:30:10 2013)
- adulau starred frida/frida-python --- (Mon May 6 08:11:05 2013)
- adulau created branch master at MISP/misp-bloomfilter --- (Mon May 6 07:05:47 2013)
- adulau started following tqbf --- (Mon May 6 05:38:12 2013)
- adulau starred laurentj/slimerjs --- (Fri May 3 21:45:28 2013)
- adulau created repository misp-bloomfilter --- (Fri May 3 18:58:13 2013)
- Reading at Mont des Arts --- (Fri May 3 18:14:53 2013)
- Headphones (hanging in a tree) --- (Fri May 3 17:57:47 2013)
- Water at Mont des arts --- (Fri May 3 17:43:34 2013)
- three lights --- (Wed May 1 20:54:35 2013)
- adulau starred givp/RoyGBiv --- (Wed May 1 17:49:42 2013)
- Tulips --- (Wed May 1 13:40:17 2013)
- adulau starred zed-0xff/pedump --- (Tue Apr 30 19:08:15 2013)
- Again 3 images of trees by David Nash --- (Mon Apr 29 22:03:38 2013)
- A tree surface --- (Mon Apr 29 21:58:38 2013)
- Carefully listening street artists --- (Mon Apr 29 21:43:27 2013)
- adulau started following rommelfs --- (Mon Apr 29 19:22:34 2013)
- adulau starred inaka/edis --- (Sun Apr 28 17:18:06 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/DomainClassifier --- (Sun Apr 28 14:16:17 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/DomainClassifier --- (Sun Apr 28 14:12:47 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/DomainClassifier --- (Sun Apr 28 14:07:38 2013)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/cve-search --- (Sun Apr 28 09:23:06 2013)
- adulau started following 0vercl0k --- (Sun Apr 28 09:18:45 2013)
- Belgian Fries are not French Fries --- (Sat Apr 27 11:38:09 2013)
- adulau started following emeau --- (Fri Apr 26 18:10:21 2013)
- adulau starred emeau/itrace --- (Fri Apr 26 18:08:47 2013)
- adulau starred BrightcoveOS/Diamond --- (Thu Apr 25 22:27:02 2013)
- adulau started following mschiffm --- (Thu Apr 25 11:08:03 2013)
- adulau starred mschiffm/cvrfparse --- (Thu Apr 25 11:07:55 2013)
- adulau starred gorhill/cablegatesearch.net --- (Wed Apr 24 09:56:47 2013)
- adulau starred glastopf/conpot --- (Mon Apr 22 22:01:03 2013)
- adulau started following heipei --- (Mon Apr 22 21:44:22 2013)
- Dancing forever --- (Sun Apr 21 18:35:09 2013)
- Tagging and Bombing in London --- (Thu Apr 18 19:40:24 2013)
- Flowers at Kew Gardens --- (Sun Apr 14 20:33:35 2013)
- Bombing a wall --- (Sun Apr 14 20:23:08 2013)
- This is London (calling?) --- (Thu Apr 11 21:37:34 2013)
- Street art #292 - London --- (Tue Apr 9 21:23:23 2013)
- Street art #291 - London --- (Tue Apr 9 20:48:10 2013)
- 2013-04-01 Information Visualization Is Just A Starting Point --- (Mon Apr 1 22:11:08 2013)
- adulau: "Software Vulnerability Management Is Just A Huge Approximation" http://t.co/DXoVeBts1D #infosec #cve #security --- (Sat Feb 23 22:03:08 2013)
- 2013-02-23 Vulnerability Management Is Just An Approximation --- (Sat Feb 23 20:47:26 2013)
- 2011-09-04 Information Security Is Not a Matter of Compliance --- (Tue Jun 26 19:51:42 2012)
- Crépuscule ville by Lolita Pille --- (Sun Jan 22 20:49:33 2012)
- 2011-12-25 Against SOPA or How To Do Soap --- (Sun Dec 25 15:29:22 2011)
- 2011-12-17 Certificate Revocation Reasons 2011 --- (Sun Dec 18 17:08:52 2011)
- 2011-10-02 Try and Vet Tshirt Crypto Challenge Hack.lu2011 The Solution --- (Sun Oct 2 12:48:07 2011)
- Street photography now by Sophie Howarth --- (Fri Jul 15 07:58:19 2011)
- adulau: A nice initiative from UCL to develop an open-source networking textbook licensed under the CC BY-SA (book in ReST) http://ur1.ca/4p8yw --- (Thu Jul 14 22:13:32 2011)
- adulau: Using Redis for Passive DNS - some figures with my current experiment http://ur1.ca/4oyt0 #redis #infosec --- (Wed Jul 13 09:37:58 2011)
- adulau: I'm tempted to make a derivative version of "The Right to Read" with the current discussion around ND works. --- (Mon Jul 11 12:13:36 2011)
- adulau: With the recent Google API shutdown planning, the "Franklin Street Statement on Freedom and Network Services" shows its importance. --- (Sat May 28 09:16:59 2011)
- adulau: BGP Ranking whois extended to include Today's best ranking and current malicious position - "whois -h pdns.circl.lu 15169" @bgpranking --- (Fri May 27 23:42:49 2011)
- adulau: Just heard right now in a conf-call about a software project "we don't code early, we design first" aie aie, it starts to smell bad.... --- (Mon May 23 21:11:06 2011)
- adulau: posted "Ease Your Log Analysis With BGP Ranking and logs-ranking" http://fo.vc/2w to explain the "logs-ranking" script @bgpranking #infosec --- (Sun May 22 20:27:38 2011)
- 2011-05-22 Ease Your Log Analysis with Ranking --- (Sun May 22 20:20:49 2011)
- 2011-03-06 Why The Philosophical Works Should Be Free --- (Wed May 18 23:06:21 2011)
- adulau: https://github.com/vecna/sniffjoke is funky but everyone is too lazy to rewrite a proper TCP reassembly per stack personality #infosec --- (Wed May 18 22:03:59 2011)
- adulau: EFF released the source code behind the SSL Observatory https://github.com/radii/observatory #infosec #tls #ssl --- (Fri May 13 16:03:39 2011)
- adulau: http://fo.vc/2l A visualization of the MediaWiki 1.17 database schema with an explanation for each table. Very nifty... #mediawiki #wiki --- (Wed May 11 08:25:18 2011)
- adulau created project logs-ranking --- (Sun May 8 21:37:34 2011)
- adulau: Note to myself : "Don't forget that man pages for GNU tools are usually not updated and always use info instead of man" #coreutils #gnu --- (Sun May 8 16:32:13 2011)
- adulau: An interesting take on requirements for HTML escaping http://wonko.com/post/html-escaping #infosec #pentest --- (Sun May 8 13:44:36 2011)
- adulau: RFC6234 is now officialy replacing the RFC4634 if you are implementing SHA, HMAC or HKDF, that's a must read. http://fo.vc/2i #infosec --- (Sat May 7 07:27:16 2011)
- adulau: On a random set of CS academic papers we noticed a strange fact, the most cited papers contain 1 or less formula. #academic #papers --- (Tue May 3 10:54:31 2011)
- adulau: Everyday you discover something new in PGF/TikZ that you completely overlooked yesterday... #latex --- (Sat Apr 30 21:54:33 2011)
- adulau: arXiv.org is moving to Invenio http://invenio-software.org/ http://fo.vc/2f Maybe ACM digital library could do the same? #openarchive --- (Sat Apr 30 07:22:32 2011)
- adulau: just added AVOS (the new delicious acquirer) privacy and ToS policies into GooDiff #quuxlabs --- (Wed Apr 27 23:01:27 2011)
- adulau: "Security Concerns with IP Tunneling" - RFC 6169 published #rfc6169 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6169 #infosec --- (Mon Apr 25 13:09:10 2011)
- 2011-03-05 Monitoring Memory of Suspicious Processes --- (Sun Mar 27 16:28:53 2011)
- 2011-01-01 Often I m wrong but not always --- (Sat Jan 1 11:03:52 2011)
- Understanding Privacy by Daniel J. Solove --- (Fri Oct 8 19:43:23 2010)
- Manifeste Utopia by Andr&eacute; Gorz --- (Wed Aug 11 22:20:52 2010)
- Keith Haring Journals: (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) by Keith Haring --- (Sat Feb 20 15:32:46 2010)
- The Winter Harvest Handbook: Year Round Vegetable Production Using Deep Organic Techniques and Unheated Greenhouses by Eliot Coleman --- (Sun Jan 10 18:49:06 2010)
- Coders at Work by Peter Seibel --- (Mon Dec 28 08:46:55 2009)
- L'avenir de la société industrielle : Précédé du Manifeste de 1971 by Theodore Kaczynski --- (Sat Oct 24 08:33:43 2009)
- Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business by Neil Postman --- (Sun Oct 18 16:45:02 2009)
- Storage: Get Organized by Terence Conran --- (Thu May 21 12:02:30 2009)
- Notebooks of the Mind: Explorations of Thinking by Vera John-Steiner --- (Sun May 10 20:32:24 2009)
- Digital Retro: The Evolution and Design of the Personal Computer by Gordon Laing --- (Thu Jan 1 14:15:56 2009)
- Comprendre la typographie by Ellen Lupton --- (Sat Dec 13 16:46:06 2008)
- Les semences de Kokopelli manuel de production de semences dans le jardin familial by Dominique Guillet --- (Mon Dec 1 21:40:04 2008)
- Les surveillants surveillés by Big Brother Awards --- (Fri Oct 31 09:27:05 2008)
- Lumière des jours enfuis by Arthur C. Clarke --- (Sat Oct 18 21:51:20 2008)
- Paix et Désarmement culturel by Raimon Panikkar --- (Mon Jul 14 19:50:59 2008)
- Petit cours d'autodéfense intellectuelle by Normand Baillargeon --- (Thu Jun 12 20:15:20 2008)
- The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom by Yochai Benkler --- (Mon Jan 28 19:55:52 2008)
- Le bluff technologique by Jacques Ellul --- (Sun Jun 11 16:05:50 2006)