You found the messy place of Alexandre Dulaunoy somewhere in the cyberspace. I'm living in a small village called Les Bulles in the very south of Belgium. My life is a mixture of computer science (the "simple and surprisingly effective" definition as described by Edsger W. Dijkstra in EWD896 : On the nature of Computing Science), Freedom and a bunch of small other things (from random innovation to sometime information security).
More or less official bio
Alexandre encountered his first computer in the eighties, and he disassembled it to know how the thing works. While pursuing his logical path towards information security and free software, he worked as senior security network consultant at different places (e.g. Ubizen, now Cybertrust). He co-founded a startup called Conostix specialized in information security management, and the past 6 years, he was the manager of global information security at SES, a leading international satellite operator. He is now working at the national Luxembourgian Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) in the research and operational fields. He is also lecturer in information security at Paul-Verlaine University in Metz and the University of Luxembourg. Alexandre enjoys working on projects where there is a blend of “free information”, innovation and a direct social improvement. When not gardening binary streams, he likes facing the reality of ecosystems while gardening or doing nature photography.
The real bio
Enjoy when human are using machines in unexpected ways. I break stuff and I do stuff.
My interests include digital archiving, information retrieval and information security seasoned with a strong touch of free information.
My day job is located in the information security field and especially in incident response and security research.
I'm also an intermittent security researcher (and co-founder but title doesn't matter to me) at CSRRT-LU (Computer Security Research and Response Team Luxembourg). We are also organizing some information security events (like hack.lu) with a strong technical touch and a help of the infosec community.
On the remaining time, I'm also lecturer in different universities giving courses about information security and its practical implication.
To explore new ideas, I co-founded quuxlabs an informal structure for working on research or engineering projects.
In my very short spare time, I enjoy gardening (we try to keep track of the plants in our garden) with steph and I'm also trying to understand electronic art. When I'm unable to sleep, I'm giving a hand to promote the four freedoms of free software.
10, rue du faubourg
B6811 Les Bulles - Chiny
Phone : +32(0)61460742
I consider voice communication as being sometime very ineffective and I often prefer electronic means.
Contact at work
If you really want my work contact, just contact me.
- Forban [cs_lang:Python] a link-local opportunistic p2p free software. You can share files with everyone in your proximity. The implementation is written in Python but can be easily implemented as the protocol is minimal.
- pdns-toolkit [cs_lang:perl] is a Passive DNS toolkit for security research including a modular passive DNS server and additional analysis toolkits to query and analyse the collected DNS dataset.
- cve-search [cs_lang:python] cve-search is a tool to import CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) and CPE (Common Platform Enumeration) into a MongoDB to facilitate search, processing and analysis of CVEs.
- Oddmuse Git [cs_lang:Bash/Perl] - Using Oddmuse with a git repository. Same concept can be applied with any wiki that allows retrieving index of pages, changes and update page.
- RssAny - rss-tools [cs_lang:Python] is a series of scripts (rssdir, rssmerge, rsscluster and rsscount) to transform RSS in the command-line interface. Those scripts are used for the Wiki Creativity Index.
- GooDiff (with Michael G. Noll) [cs_lang:Python] is a service for automated tracking of semantic changes in web service policies. GooDiff is free software and available on the GooDiff project page.
- Machine Tag I used and loved , I ended up to document most of them (cs_lang or license) and my use of those machine tag (triple tag).
As described by Adam Mathes in Folksonomies-Cooperative Classification and Communication Through Shared Metadata, a folksonomy is some of the best and worst in organizing information. But beside the rigid ways of organizing information, user tagging provides a way for each user to represent the information following his very personal perspective. Here is my very limited folksonomy if you want to know more about my tagged interests :
To expand a little bit the usefulness of my tagging methology, I'm also using various machine tag to help human and non-human to lookup my metadata. I have a namespace for license (useful to know the free or non-free license used by a tagged work) , fa (used by the free archive bot) or language.
This is a merge of various RSS or Atom feeds generated by some of my activities like blogging, git commit messages, reviewed books or uploaded pictures in flickr. This is generated by a Python script called rssmerge.py.
- Another foggy evening --- (Sun Jan 11 14:34:36 2015)
- Contemporain --- (Sun Jan 11 10:21:10 2015)
- Comme de l'eau (performance) --- (Sun Jan 11 10:15:23 2015)
- Clouds - à la poursuite des nuages --- (Sun Jan 11 10:05:55 2015)
- Meanwhile (performance) --- (Sun Jan 11 09:55:59 2015)
- Deux lignes parallèles. --- (Sun Jan 11 09:16:22 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 23:20:32 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 23:03:48 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 22:15:37 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 22:11:54 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 22:06:30 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 21:28:22 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/crl-monitor --- (Sat Jan 10 19:43:31 2015)
- adulau created branch master at adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 18:49:20 2015)
- adulau created repository adulau/MalwareClassifier --- (Sat Jan 10 18:49:03 2015)
- adulau starred psypanda/hashID --- (Fri Jan 9 21:54:21 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at wimremes/cve-search --- (Fri Jan 9 21:41:49 2015)
- adulau opened pull request wimremes/cve-search#17 --- (Fri Jan 9 21:41:40 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/cve-search --- (Fri Jan 9 21:38:57 2015)
- adulau merged pull request adulau/cve-search#13 --- (Fri Jan 9 21:38:56 2015)
- adulau merged pull request adulau/cve-search#14 --- (Fri Jan 9 21:37:09 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/cve-search --- (Fri Jan 9 21:37:09 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/crl-monitor --- (Thu Jan 8 21:23:54 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/crl-monitor --- (Thu Jan 8 19:51:28 2015)
- adulau starred twitter/AnomalyDetection --- (Thu Jan 8 18:24:13 2015)
- adulau starred samyk/usbdriveby --- (Thu Jan 8 17:46:43 2015)
- adulau starred tennc/webshell --- (Wed Jan 7 21:21:54 2015)
- adulau commented on pull request adulau/cve-search#12 --- (Wed Jan 7 19:56:53 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at wimremes/cve-search --- (Wed Jan 7 19:55:29 2015)
- adulau opened pull request wimremes/cve-search#16 --- (Wed Jan 7 19:55:24 2015)
- adulau merged pull request adulau/cve-search#12 --- (Wed Jan 7 19:41:18 2015)
- adulau pushed to master at adulau/cve-search --- (Wed Jan 7 19:41:18 2015)
- adulau starred blackfist/sonyhack --- (Tue Jan 6 17:46:50 2015)
- adulau starred iSECPartners/Android-SSL-TrustKiller --- (Tue Jan 6 15:22:45 2015)
- Flying street art in Nancy --- (Thu Jan 1 15:12:58 2015)
- Happy New Year --- (Thu Jan 1 14:14:32 2015)
- Some trees in mist --- (Thu Jan 1 14:03:44 2015)
- Tree & Mist --- (Thu Jan 1 13:28:35 2015)
- 2 boys versus 2 girls --- (Wed Dec 31 18:43:39 2014)
- Light over Miss B --- (Mon Dec 29 19:55:07 2014)
- Snow in a field --- (Mon Dec 29 19:14:48 2014)
- The Art of Not Showing --- (Mon Dec 22 06:13:55 2014)
- Branches and some reflections --- (Sat Dec 20 16:10:11 2014)
- Trees and Rainbow --- (Sat Dec 20 15:53:38 2014)
- A serie in light painting --- (Tue Dec 16 17:51:19 2014)
- Walking in Nancy --- (Mon Dec 8 19:04:09 2014)
- Night lights --- (Fri Dec 5 21:32:28 2014)
- Erdős–Woods --- (Fri Dec 5 20:50:33 2014)
- Photography is not only a matter of cameras --- (Sun Nov 30 19:33:37 2014)
- It will be higher --- (Sun Nov 30 16:27:31 2014)
- Surveillance Camera Versus Photography --- (Fri Nov 14 20:18:23 2014)
- Photography a solitary art? --- (Sat Oct 25 20:14:54 2014)
- Watermarking or how to destroy your work --- (Thu Oct 9 05:58:10 2014)
- The Difficult Exercise of Self Portrait --- (Thu Sep 25 20:41:32 2014)
- When does a photograph exist? --- (Mon Sep 22 06:03:49 2014)
- Select or Die --- (Sun Sep 21 13:02:29 2014)
- 2013-04-01 Information Visualization Is Just A Starting Point --- (Mon Apr 1 22:11:08 2013)
- 2013-02-23 Vulnerability Management Is Just An Approximation --- (Sat Feb 23 20:47:26 2013)
- 2011-09-04 Information Security Is Not a Matter of Compliance --- (Tue Jun 26 19:51:42 2012)
- 2011-12-25 Against SOPA or How To Do Soap --- (Sun Dec 25 15:29:22 2011)
- 2011-12-17 Certificate Revocation Reasons 2011 --- (Sun Dec 18 17:08:52 2011)
- 2011-10-02 Try and Vet Tshirt Crypto Challenge Hack.lu2011 The Solution --- (Sun Oct 2 12:48:07 2011)
- 2011-05-22 Ease Your Log Analysis with Ranking --- (Sun May 22 20:20:49 2011)
- 2011-03-06 Why The Philosophical Works Should Be Free --- (Wed May 18 23:06:21 2011)
- 2011-03-05 Monitoring Memory of Suspicious Processes --- (Sun Mar 27 16:28:53 2011)
- 2011-01-01 Often I m wrong but not always --- (Sat Jan 1 11:03:52 2011)